One of the largest seminaries in the world, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary equips men and women with a strong theological foundation to fulfill God’s calling on their lives. Rooted in Scripture and branching out to fulfill the Great Commission, Southwestern’s motto is “Preach the Word, Reach the World.”
Southwestern Seminary has trained and commissioned more than 44,000 graduates to serve in local churches and mission fields around the world. In 1908, B.H. Carroll established the seminary on the campus of Baylor University, and Southwestern moved to its current location on Seminary Hill in Fort Worth in 1910.